To set up the Surcharge using the Discount Function
To set up a way to charge a percentage level more on your items you will have to set up a negative discount reason that can be selected during a transaction. This Surcharge has to be activated on every sale, so your staff will have to remember this on check out.
To Set up a Public Holiday Surcharge.
- Navigate to your Back Office and select SETUP > Company > Discount Reasons > ADD DISCOUNT REASON
2. Here you want to add in your negative discount (as the negative discount will add on the % amount to the total).
Reason: Give your Discount a Name. We have chosen PUBLIC HOLIDAY SURCHARGE
Default Value: You Must enter the percentage amount you want to charge your customers as a negative amount. ie if you apply a 15% surcharge enter in -15
Location Areas: Select the the location areas you want the discount to show up. We have selected "All Location Areas" to ensure the discount reasons in on every till.
How to apply the Surcharge to Each Transaction
NOTE: This Surcharge process requires it to be enabled for each transaction.
- Enter the Customers items as per normal. When they are ready, hit PAY.
2. On the PAY Screen select DISCOUNT
3. Under the DISCOUNT REASONS find the newly added PUBLIC HOLIDAY SURCHARGE
4. Select the pre set up option DISCOUNT BY -15%
5. The Sale will now reflect an addition of 15%
As you can see the total in this instance went from TOTAL $10.00 ($0.90 TAX) to a TOTAL of $11.50 ($1.04 TAX) and breaking down the discount applied of $1.50 as the 15% added to the sale.
6. Now that the Surcharge is applied, hit DONE and proceed to process the sale as per normal by selecting payment methods.
NOTE: These steps will have to be repeated for every transaction to ensure that the Surcharge is applied.